(Accepted & Recommended)
To BARGAIN means to negotiate over the price of goods or services.
Although it's not a pre-requisite when shopping, bargaining can be fun and entertaining as well as financially rewarding. Bargaining is an accepted shopping activity in Mexico and the Costalegre.
However, there are a few polite rules to follow:
• Never barter for an item unless you truly want to buy it. Don't waste the venders time!
• Always be polite & friendly while bartering. Try to make it fun.
• Keep your bartering to mainly beach vendors and street markets. Retail stores have fixed prices.
• Try not to barter below seventy-five percent of asking price. Venders need a profit too.
• A knowledge of Spanish can help you bargain more successfully.
• Barter in the late afternoon for the best deals. It's the last chance for vendors to make a sale.